About Doc Porter's:
Doc Porter’s Distillery is a family run grain-to-glass distillery in Charlotte, NC. We have been in operation for 2.5 years and currently make vodka, gin, bourbon and rye whiskey. We are hiring a full-time Distiller to manage day-to-day production and add to the product line.
Job responsibilities include:
Milling, Mashing, Fermentation, Distilling, Barreling, Shipping/Receiving, Bottling, Record Keeping, Warehousing, Cleaning, Conducting Tours
- Must be 21 years +
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in science is preferred
- Experience in the field can replace a college degree
- Must have experience with fermentation
- Previous experience with distillation is a plus
- Must be passionate and excited to learn about the production of craft spirits
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to operate machinery such as pumps, chillers, steam boiler, hammer mill, air compressor, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 55 lb. bags
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of small groups for distillery tours
- Flexible work schedule, but requires some nights and weekends
- Position is salaried and would be 40 hours/ week
If interested, please send resume to: email@example.com